Friday, August 7, 2015

Through High Tides & Low Tides - Just Married!

So lovebirds, I’m officially married to the best man ever. 
HOWEVER, 
Everything that we expected to go right went completely wrong.


The original plan was to get married at the minister’s house with a small, intimate ceremony and then to later go to the beach and meetup with family and friends. 
Unfortunately there was a car accident or something and it lead us to be in an hour’s worth of traffic. Don’t forget to add the fickled rain that Alabama likes to bring… 





But between those two factors, we were unable to get to our ceremony in time. We informed the minister about two hours ahead of time that we may have been late getting there. So once we let him know about the traffic and everything, he was pretty cool about it! My now husband had called him since I was panicking and my cell had died, and the minister was kind enough to marry us at the beach like we both always wanted instead! 



Weeks before all of this was taking place, we both teased that the other would cry during the ceremony!I had talked SO MUCH crap. I kept saying how he would be the first to crack and etc. Lo and behold, I cracked first. I was so embarrassed! But I wasn't ashamed to show my feelings for once. He ended up crying too but only I could see it. I was so mad. lol 
Afterwards we were able to take a few nice photos thanks to our family! 

Little did we know though that during this entire ceremony, there were two rainbows in the sky!

I mean it was amazing! The sun was setting, the waves crashed, the wind blew furiously and we had many loved ones there that meant a load to us. 
I mean there’s more to the story, but I’m far too lazy to really go into it at the moment. I might make a video to go a bit more into detail later. 

We still have a long way to go in our journey together, but every single effort we make together has been worth it. I can’t wait to share more of our milestones together as we reach them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment